i knit because i can ...

Monday 12 January 2009

beautiful, beautiful boy ...

Spent some time with my middle daughter and took a picture of my darling grandson Luke in the new Chinese silk pyjamas I brought back for him from Singapore. I know I have a grandmotherly bias, but he is a beautiful boy!


Have still no pictures of the cap shawl, because I haven't had time to block it yet. However, I do have a good excuse, sorry, reason. My mother acquired some white fluffy yarn, Sirdar Blur with kid mohair, very cheaply in a sale and asked me to make her a little scarf. The yarn arrived on Saturday, and I finished today, so here it is, a small thing, but mine own:




















In addition I am reading The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu, a Japanese gentlewoman, writing in the 10th Century. Although interesting, it is not an easy read, not least because it is quite difficult to keep a handle on all the characters. But I persevere because it intrigues me, and gives such insight into its time and personae, i.e., ninth century Japanese aristocracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment