i knit because i can ...

Tuesday 18 November 2008

just to add to my troubles ...

... I have now got a ghastly cold, the full works, aching joints, sore throat, painful ears, streaming and therefore sore nose. I look like Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer come early! Given my depressive state, and the dull weather outside, I feel thoroughly picked on, and would go out and eat worms if we had a garden to dig for them!

But I have a consolation, nonetheless, I have finished my Bee Fields Shawl. The last section was wonderful, with a complicated manoeuvre which I have never tried before, to represent bee's wings. I am delighted with this, because a) I love to learn something new and b) it looks fantastic, and is my first beautiful thing.


Are these bees not amazing?? I must pay tribute to Anne Hanson, who designed this and the Honeybee Stole. Her designs are fantastic, thank you Anne.
My second beautiful thing I can only tell you about not show you, because I don't have copies of the amazing pictures my ex showed me from his visit to our beautiful baby Irish grandson Finn. So you will just have to take it from me that even allowing for grandmotherly exageration, he is just g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!!! :))))))

And my third beautiful thing - the sun has just come out from the clouds to brighten my day - who says there's no justice in the world?? I am now going to wash/block my shawl and post pictures of the completed article tomorrow. Then I'm going to work on some more points for my Princess, who is feeling rather neglected, before I start on the Honeybee Stole. Hey, I think I'm on a roll here! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment