i knit because i can ...

Friday 26 September 2008

still not much about knitting ...

Two wonderful days with grandson Luke, who now talks, although I don't always follow what he's saying, and plays and is such a happy-go-lukey!! ;)



So not much knitting, nor pix. I have still to make up my Rowan bag, but have been busy finishing a shawl I started last year as mystery kal from Goddess Knits. The yarn is JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk, needles Addi-Turbo, and it fair bowls along. Thought it might make a nice Christmas for my eldest daughter. No photos yet, because on a circular needle it just looks like a multi-coloured heap. Will post when I finish it, which I hope will be over the w/e.



Trying hard not to let the news of financial institutions crashing down around the world affect my mood, but it's difficult to remain cheerful when I see my children struggling to keep roofs over their children's heads. The more so, when it is clear that much of the financial debacle is due to greed and mismanagement. At my age, recession/depression is nothing new, but it never gets any easier. So I knit, and sew, and assist wherever I can. Am I the only one who thinks the inhuman way in which humans have organised modern society is madness? Am I foolish to hope that by trying to bring beauty - through the knitting - and gentleness - through helping with the grandchildren - to a rotten world, I might make a small contribution to counter-acting its rottenness?



Another grandchild picture, to cheer myself up, if nothing else. And a picture of the tunic I knit for her, with elephant buttons - ellie, geddit? ;) Berger de France Caline - not my favourite type of yarn, but pretty colours and fully machine washable, which makes life easier for her working mum. I have a picture of her wearing it on my mobile, but haven't worked out how to get it into my computer. Watch this space ...





No comments:

Post a Comment